At a Glance
- Founded in 1927
- The only independent, co-educational, Catholic school for students in Nursery through Eighth Grade in Delaware County, Pennsylvania
- Located in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
- Transportation is provided by public school districts from Delaware County and Philadelphia County
- Serves the community with youth and adult programs
- 160 students with an 8:1 student-teacher ratio
- 35% are non-Catholic
- 52% of Seventh and Eighth Graders score in the top 5% nationwide on the CTP4, a rigorous, standardized test administered in independent schools
- 70% of First through Eighth Graders score in the top 30% nationwide on the CTP4
- Middle school students score in the top 1% on the national Spanish examination
- Collectively, 65% of the past five graduating classes have earned academic scholarships to private high schools
After Holy Child Academy
HCA graduates attend independent schools such as the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur, The Agnes Irwin School, Archmere Academy, The Baldwin School, Devon Preparatory School, The Episcopal Academy, Friends’ Central School, The Haverford School, Merion Mercy Academy, Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr, St. Joseph’s Preparatory School, and The Shipley School.
HCA graduates have attended Boston College, Columbia University, Cornell University, Georgetown University, Haverford College, Harvard University, MIT, New York University, Princeton University, University of Pennsylvania, U.S. Air Force Academy, U.S. Naval Academy, Villanova University, Yale University, and other top-tier institutions.