The Holy Child Music Department offers instrumental band ensembles to develop and challenge the various musical levels of its students.
- Lessons on the following band instruments are offered:
- Woodwinds: flute, clarinet, and alto saxophone for all students; oboe, tenor saxophone, and baritone saxophone are also available for upper grade students
- Brass: trumpet, french horn, trombone, baritone/euphonium, and tuba
- Percussion: students will learn both battery (snare drum) and mallets (orchestra bells); drum set is available after one year of battery/mallets starting in Grade 4
- All students will receive a 30-minute private lesson each week
- Lesson times rotate weekly so students do not miss the same class every week; students must consult the lesson schedule, posted monthly, to find their lesson times
The Concert Band performs at the Christmas and Spring Concerts, and at special school events. All students registered for Band Lessons will participate in the Concert Band, which rehearses weekly during the school day during lunch recess several weeks before any scheduled performances.
Successful, satisfying music study is dependent upon consistent, daily practice. Parents are asked to ensure the following:
- an instrument kept in tune and in good repair;
- a practice setting free from distraction (i.e., siblings and TV);
- parental supervision of all practice periods for beginners;
- encouragement, support, and appreciation for your child's efforts; and
- consistent student attendance at lessons with materials.
Rock Band is available to students in Grades 5-8. Rock Band will rehearse once a week.
The cost for students currently enrolled in HCA weekly music lessons (Guitar, Bass, Drums/Percussion, Keyboard and Vocals) is $215.00
The cost for students not enrolled in HCA weekly music lessons (Guitar, Bass, Drums/Percussion, Keyboard and Vocals) is $300.
Questions? Contact Dr. Dugan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrumental Student Concert Attire is mandatory for all instrumental groups:
- Boys: Black bow tie; long- sleeved, white oxford shirt; black pants; black belt; black socks; a black shoes
- Girls: Black bow tie; long-sleeved, white oxford shirt; black skirt (can use choir skirt); beige stockings; black shoes
- Black bow ties may be purchased through the school for $8.00 and will be added into your FACTS account.
The fee for private music lessons is $1,200 for the year and will be added into your FACTS account.