Holy Child Academy is alive with the sound of music, and we hope that your child will participate in the music program. Research has shown that involvement in the arts is associated with gains in math, reading, cognitive ability, critical thinking, and verbal skills. The arts build confidence and can improve concentration, motivation, and teamwork.
As a member of the musical ensembles at HCA, your child will have many opportunities to perform throughout the school year both in and outside of the Academy. Currently, plans are underway for those performances for the vocal choirs, band, Grade 8 handbell choir, and string ensemble.
Holy Child students are eligible to perform in the following grade-appropriate musical activities.
- Private Lessons
- Piano Lessons: Grades K – 8
- Guitar/Bass Guitar/Ukelele Lessons: Grades 1 – 8
- Instrumental Lessons and Performance Groups
- Concert Bands: Grades 3 - 8
- Jazz Band: Grades 4 - 8 (selected by audition or teacher recommendation)
- Junior Choir: Grades 2 - 4
- Senior Choir: Grades 5 – 8
- Handbell Choir: Grade 8
- HCA Dragons Rock Band: Grades 4 – 8
- Junior String Ensemble: Grades PreK - 4
- Senior String Ensemble: Grades 5 - 8
- After School
- School Show: Grades 4 – 8
Registration forms are now available for 2019-2020. There will be one for ensembles and one for private/group lessons. The printed copy of the registration form should accompany your check or you can pay by credit card online. All fees for music ensembles and lessons must be paid before students participate in music programs. The director of your performing group will have schedules ready for the first day of rehearsal.
Music Director Patricia Brown
Ms. Patricia Brown is a graduate of the Philadelphia College of Performing Arts and is a professional violinist, pianist, organist, an accomplished vocal director, as well as a theatre and orchestra director, composer and arranger. Her passion for music is contagious, and her creativity and enthusiasm are sure to bring much joy to the music department and especially to your child.