Dr. Leo Dugan, Instructor
HCA offers guitar, bass guitar, and ukulele lessons to students in Grades 1 - 8. Lessons are held during and after school on a weekly basis in accordance with the individual schedules of each student. Lessons will address basic technique, note reading, chords, use of a plectrum/finger-style technique, and strumming. All students must have their own instrument.
To ensure students get the most from this experience, they should practice in the home with parental encouragement and support. Parents are welcome and encouraged to come into the lesson a few minutes before it ends to talk with the instructor about their child's progress.
Please contact Dr. Leo Dugan
Private Violin, Viola, or Cello Lessons
Ms. Maria Ceferatti, Director
For students in Grades K-3, lessons will include the following:
- Weekly 30-minute private lessons for the first three weeks of the month; and
- One 30-minute group lesson for the fourth week of the month.
- For beginners, the method book and CD “Suzuki Volume One” will be given to your child at the first lesson.
For students in Grades 4-8, lessons will include the following:
- weekly 30-minute private lesson; and
- weekly participation in the String Ensemble.
- Students who take private lessons elsewhere may also participate in the String Ensemble.
Instrument Rental Information
Paul Stevens in Ardmore: 610-649-0737
Music and Arts in Newtown Square: 610-356-4674
Please contact Mrs. Ceferatti