Halloween Mission Party
October 31, 2018
To Parents, Grandparents, and Friends:
The Halloween Mission Party, an event jointly sponsored by the Parents' Association and HCA, is a longstanding HCA tradition. As a reminder, this is a half day and students will be dismissed at noon.
The HCA Halloween Mission Party is not just a Halloween celebration, but an opportunity for the HCA community to come together and raise money for a "mission," which is living the HCA motto "Actions, not Words." This year, HCA is donating proceeds to the Society of the Holy Child Jesus (SHCJ) mission site in the Dominican Republic. The SHCJ sisters and volunteers operate a school and a medical clinic, and they also offer vocational training in an area without running water and electricity.
WATCH a short video about the mission.
In order to raise money for the mission and to cover the cost of the activities for the Mission Party, we are asking every family to make a donation of $5.00 per child by October 30. Please send the money to your child's homeroom teacher. In addition, you can send in a few dollars that day to allow them to buy something at the bake sale.
• 7:50 a.m.: Students arrive at regular arrival time.
• Parents are welcome to arrive with their children and wait in the cafeteria for the parade to begin.
• 8:15 a.m.: Costume parade
• Approximately 9 to 11:30 a.m.: Students play Halloween games and activities with their teachers and classmates.
• Parents are welcome to stay while students enjoy these activities; however, they are not required to stay.
• There will be breakfast foods available in the cafeteria as well as a bake sale.
• The Book Fair also will be open during the Mission Party for shopping.
• Spirit wear will be available for purchase. Cash or check will be accepted.
• 12 p.m.: Dismissal
NOTE: Due to the half-day schedule on Oct. 31, there will be no lunch period or lunch service. In addition, HCA Plus is not available that day.
Please be on the lookout for a signup genius from the Parents' Association. The Parents' Association will be looking for volunteers to help with some Halloween activities and make baked goods for the bake sale.
Thank you for your continued support!