Holy Child Academy School of Drexel Hill offers a music scholarship to new applicants for admission in grades 4 through 8.
Interested students should complete an application form as well as a music audition registration form. These forms can be mailed to you and are also available via the school website.
When you register initially for the audition, the student should indicate all instruments that they study or play, especially if the student studies more than one instrument.
The applicant should be studying at an intermediate level and should have at least 2 or 3 years of study on the respective instrument. In order to complete the process, the student will have to perform a live interview and audition in front of the committee, which will last approximately 20-30 minutes.
Students are eligible to audition on piano, strings, woodwind, brass or percussion.
We do not offer vocal scholarships.
The audition will involve the following parameters:
( slight adjustments may vary depending upon the instrument):
- Scales: The student should be able to play 2 octave scales up to 3 sharps or 3 flats.
- Solo Piece: The student should be able to perform a solo piece in the current repertoire they are studying which displays their proficiency on the instrument.
- Sight-Reading: The student will be asked to sight-read a short excerpt.
- Theory Test: The student will be asked to complete a brief written theory test.
- A Letter of Recommendation from current primary instrumental teacher
Auditions will take place in spring, 2022.